This privacy notice (“Notice”) is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). The main purpose of this Notice is to make you better understand the reasons and purposes of the personal data processing by MyKasih Foundation and its affiliated third party service provider, to ensure that your data is securely processed and kept.
Please read this Notice carefully. This Notice may be changed from time to time.
1. Types of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you, from which you are identifiable, including but not limited to your name, identification card number, birth certificate number, passport number, nationality, address, telephone number, fax number, bank details, race, gender, date of birth, marital status, resident status, education background, previous employment details, personal interests, email address, any information about you which you have provided to us in application forms, or any other similar forms and may include sensitive personal data such as data relating to health, religious or other similar beliefs.
However, sensitive personal data will not be processed by us without your specific consent unless authorised by the Act or any laws.
2. Source of Personal Data
In addition to information you provide to us directly, we may collect your Personal Data from various reference checks, background checks or from various governmental authorities or third party providers.
3. Use of Your Personal Data
We process your Personal Data for the administration of donated funds for the activities of MyKasih Foundation, issuance of official tax exemption receipts, and/or for the purposes of any contract or agreement which you have entered into with us which may include, without limitation, the following (“the Purpose”):-
- To communicate with you such as responding to your enquiries;
- Internal record keeping, maintenance and updating of any information database(s) and other administrative purposes, including audits, fraud monitoring and prevention;
- To facilitate delivery of services or products to or from you;
- To facilitate the marketing and promotion of services and products, presently or in the future;
- To conduct marketing and profiling activities in connection with the activities of MyKasih Foundation;
- Performance management;
- Application to the relevant authorities or bodies for relevant permits or licenses;
- Submission of proposals to customers or clients or prospective customers/client of the Foundation;
- Monitor access to the workplace, related facilities and systems; and/or
- To conduct research, market surveys and trend analysis;
- Other reasons that are required or permitted under the Act or under any other laws.
It is important that you provide us with the necessary personal information data to us for the communication, promotion and delivery of our services.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
Your Personal Data will be kept confidential. However, it may be necessary for us to provide or disclose your Personal Data for the Purpose stated above to the following categories of persons (whether within or outside Malaysia) and where we do so, we would merely disclose Personal Data that is necessary for the Purpose of such disclosure to:
- entities within the Foundation, including all related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies and associated companies;
- anybody or person to whom the Foundation is compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, agency and body;
- law enforcement authorities or agencies;
- third party service or product providers (an example would be auditors, lawyers, company secretaries, service providers, events and training providers, telecommunications companies, cloud computing or data back-up service providers and other advisers) or other customers and clients of the Foundation.
Your Personal Data may also be disclosed in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale of a division, merger, consolidation or asset sale or in the unlikely event of a winding-up.
5. Security and Safeguards
We will continuously implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
6. Rights of Access and Correction
You have the right to request for access to and the correction of your Personal Data. You may contact us by writing to us if you wish to request for access to your Personal Data that we retain about you, request for your Personal Data retained by us to be corrected, or withdraw your consent to the processing or use of your Personal Data by us. Any request or inquiries can be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org